Monday 2 April 2012

The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!



The film I have been working on for nearly 2 years is currently released at cinemas in the UK! Aardman Animations 'The Pirates in an Adventure with Scientists' has been getting awesome reviews - it really is AMAZING! :D I love love LOVE every second of this film and I am so proud to be involved! I have an anecdote about every single shot and I know every line off by heart! I would be the most ANNOYING person to watch this film with EVER!



On this film I was a CG Lip Sync Animator - working in a team of 3, we animated all the lines of dialogue and expressions that would be needed for each shot. Mouth sets were created for each character and this meant the stop motion animator in control of the shot could concentrate on the characters performance and action safe in the knowledge that the dialogue and expressions were synced and worked out ahead of time :D



The film above explains the process and I got to animate the little mouth in the box! I have never done stop motion animation before so it was so awesome to be given a unit to myself for the afternoon and work on the other side of what I'd been doing for nearly 2 years ^-^ (MASSIVE thanks to animator Andy Spilsted for the opportunity!)



This is me at the premier with my gal Cutlass Liz! :D

Go see it NOW! You won't regret it! :D

1 comment:

Terracotta-Lily said...

Check you out! I'm now going to proceed to brag about knowing you. Hope that's ok?
x